The aim of the “Forestry machines in 2020” project was to design a future interface for highly automated machines that would facilitate cost-effective man-machine interaction. The context was further specified as designing an interface for operating the forwarder crane.
Date: Fall 2014 – 10 weeks
With: Skogstekniska Klustret and SLU
Team: Anton Löf, Martijn van den Broeck
– Designing the transition (from manual to highly automated stages)
– Making use of different modalities
– Decreasing the cognitive load of the driver
– Creating more intuitive interaction
– Envisioning and shaping the future
– Aiming for changing stages (transition)
– Making the driver feel in control at all stages
– Dealing with the complexity of the context
“Here we go! – Field Research”
“Analising – Clustering – Framing”
After ideation we came up with some initial concepts.